The Patient Service Representative provides clinical office support to ensure patient satisfaction under general supervision, including scheduling appointments, greeting patients, performing registration, including insurance information and check in/out functions. Verifies insurance benefits, prepares correspondence, collects co-pays and outstanding balances.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets and assists patients and visitors; obtains initial patient information; screens phone calls for most effective patient care.
- Verifies insurance, obtains referrals if required, collect co-pays and outstanding balances.
- Schedule patient appointments either by phone, or at the front desk.
- Attends in-services and staff meetings.
- High School Diploma
- Experience with EMR system
- Excellent customer service skills
- 3 years experience in medical office setting
- Organization, communication and computing skills
- Knowledge of insurance plans and referral procedures
- Cardiology experience is a plus
Send email/cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
Phone: 314-741-0911 #4013
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER