ECHO TECH performs cardiac ultrasound imaging - transthoracic and stress echo. Performs Echo procedures, compiling data for physician interpretation.
- The laboratory performs cardiac ultrasound imaging-transthoracic and stress echo.
- Performs Echo procedures,compiling data for physician interpretation. Performs procedures requiring independent judgement/initiative,attain high quality images, accurate data in a timely manner. Assist physicians in diagnosing and treating cardiac ailments.
- Apply knowledge of Echo physics and saftey.
- Gather information - diagnosis,medical history,indications. Take accurate patient history to understand and relate illness and pending diagnostic procedures.
- Assume care for physical and psychological needs of patients during exam.
- Instruct patient before and during procedure.
- Evaluate recorded images for technical quality.
- Archive study onto MO disc for legal back up.
- Send report and images to ScImage.
- Fill in report - measurements. Highlight abnormalities.
- Send to primary physician.
- Assist with schedules and peer performance.
- Assist with evaluation of equipment.
- Participate in department accreditation.
- Maintain records for Monthly Statistics
- Stay abreast of new technology.
- Maintain current Continuing Medical Education for ARDMS.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to interact with patients and physicians in a professional and caring manner is a must. Some compter knowledge and experience necessary.
- Medical Office experience is a plus.
MINIMAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Complete an accredited college 2 year degree in cardiac ultrasound technology.
- Current CPR card.
- Pass Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS)
Send email/cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
Phone: 314-741-0911 #4013